Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) (2 сообщения)

The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)  RSS  The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
http://www.tuaw.com
другие подписчики этой ленты также читают >>


  • Do It updated to version 2.5

    Filed under: , ,

    Jim McGowan's Do It is a handy little todo manager we found back in February that is fairly feature-packed and well integrated with Mac OS X. It offers .Mac syncing of todos, an Address Book plug-in, iCal export/import and even a Quicksilver plug-in for quick todo entry. The app has been progressing nicely over the months, and just this morning I noticed a small but useful update notification for v2.5 that brings Japanese language support and a Dutch version of the help files. In addition, Do It has joined the quickly expanding ranks of apps that use Andy Matuschak's excellent Sparkle module to enable self-updating for new versions (users of apps like Adium should be familiar with this). From now on, a simple update notification will appear, allowing the app to download the new version, install it and relaunch - all with only two clicks from you, the user.

    As a happy user of Do It since we found it, I'm glad that it will be one less app that I have to deal with downloading, quitting, dragging somewhere to overwrite and relaunching. Automation, my dear readers, is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

    Do It is provided surprisingly as donationware from Mr. McGowan's site.
    Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments





  • Starcraft II will be on the Mac (and PC)

    Filed under:



    Let me start this out by saying that I am not a gamer, which usually isn't a problem given I use a Mac (let's be honest, the Mac isn't the best platform for gaming). Despite my non-gamer status I loved StarCraft. I spent many, many more hours than I should have sending my brave Marines off to defend my starbase, and it looks like I will be doing it once more. Blizzard has announced that StarCraft II is a reality (though no shipping date has been announced). The best part is that Blizzard will be upholding their tradition of launching games for both Mac and PC at the same time. StarCraft II on an Intel Mac? I can't wait!

    Our gaming obsessed sister blog Joystiq has a gallery of screenshots up for your enjoyment.

    Thanks, A.J.
    Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments








rss2email.ru       отписаться: http://www.rss2email.ru/unsubscribe.asp?c=6894&u=24004&r=484673635
управлять всей подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp
читать наш блог: http://www.olevarty.ru