Thursday, March 15, 2007

Cult of Mac - OS 10.4.9 Update Causing Ugly Crashes

  RSS  Cult of Mac
Read Leander Kahney's latest commentary about Apple and Mac News in Wired.com's Cult of Mac Blog, including Mac, Mac Pro, MacBook, iMac, iBook, Mac mini, iPod video, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iTunes, iPhoto, iPhone, Apple TV, OSX, Steve Jobs, and Macworld.
http://blog.wired.com/cultofmac/
другие подписчики этой ленты также читают >>


  • OS 10.4.9 Update Causing Ugly Crashes
    If, like me, you install every new Apple software update the second it hits their servers, you might want to reconsider. Loyal ready Darcy wrote in to tell me about the nasty, violent crash he dealt with from the update...

    Softwareupdatetop20050412 If, like me, you install every new Apple software update the second it hits their servers, you might want to reconsider. Loyal ready Darcy wrote in to tell me about the nasty, violent crash he dealt with from the update to Mac OS X 10.4.9, which was released yesterday. He's not alone, as these threads atest.

    My PowerBook G4 got through unscathed. He has a MacBook. It's pretty gruesome. Click through to read.

    The 10.4.9 update hung my computer, and its been hanging other people's as well.  Mine ran and reported an error, then failed to fully restart the computer - it just sat there on my wallpaper with no finder or menu bar for ages.  I powered the system down and then up again and it just hung on the gray Apple boot screen with the swirling circle.  After 15 minutes I tried again, no love.  Disk Repair from the install DVD made some minor repairs but never solved the problem.  In the end I made a disk image of my drive onto an external and did a reinstall, which seems to have gotten me back on track, all my apps, files, settings, etc, are all in tact, apart from a couple of stray System Preference add-ons I had, and my Account photo is AWOL.  Not bad, all things considered.

    I back up, I've got DVD-Rs with loads of stuff squirreled away, but clearly a regular disk image routine is also in order for times like these.  Lesson learned... until Time Machine comes along, anyway!

    Yeah, but STILL! Anyone else got a horror story to share



    Pete Mortensen





rss2email.ru       отписаться: http://www.rss2email.ru/unsubscribe.asp?c=6895&u=24004&r=142365972
управлять всей подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp
читать наш блог: http://www.olevarty.ru