Monday, June 11, 2007

The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) (3 сообщения)

The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)  RSS  The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
http://www.tuaw.com
другие подписчики этой ленты также читают >>


  • Not buying the keynote 'outline'

    Filed under: , ,

    As Mike just posted, a German site claims to have The Steve's bullet points for tomorrow's WWDC keynote. Although this outline has a lot of things that appeal to me (especially the "One More Thing"), I'm just not buying into it. Wouldn't a WWDC keynote contain a lot more about Leopard? And about the new and fabulous Xcode improvements?

    Besides, iPhone@home just doesn't make sense. Why @home? A bigger screen, no keyboard? That would be something to use on the road, not at home. After all, AppleTV is in the living room. Where would iPhone@home live? In the kitchen? Maybe it comes with magnets pre-installed so it can live on my fridge. And 60GB of flash memory? That sounds like it would cost about $3000 for a keyboard-less tablet computer. I'm just not buying it. Much as I want the iNewton, I don't think this bullet point list is legit.
    Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments





  • Have the Germans cracked the WWDC code?

    Filed under: , ,

    It's not every day that my German-language skills get called into use, but when a news site posts a purported rundown of tomorrow's WWDC Stevenote, well, I'm scrambling for my Langenscheid. That is, I would be if it weren't for Google and DailyTechTalk translating the post already (danke schöen, team). Reading it over, it's most likely a rehash of the rumors and suppositions surrounding the keynote (ZFS, new UI, Google integration, new iMacs, "One More Thing"), or it might -- possibly -- be legit.

    If you want to stay surprised tomorrow, or if you consider the whole business of rumormongering the keynote beneath your dignity, then don't click this link to the German original, or this Google or DailyTechTalk translation. Possible spoilers, you've been warned.

    via DailyTechTalk/Digg -- Thanks Adam
    Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments





  • Believing the hype on .Mac-Google

    Filed under: , , ,

    Forget about not paying attention to other people; sometimes I don't even pay attention to myself. Just four days ago, I went on record in the TUAW predictions post for WWDC with "the .Mac offering becomes an Apple-branded version of Google Apps Premier." Mayhap I should drink my own Kool-Aid, if I'm going to go to the trouble of mixing up a pitcherful.

    I'm not that far out on the edge with this prediction, as there have been plenty of hints; Wired's Fred Vogelstein quoted Apple board member & Google CEO Eric Schmidt on the strengths of the companies in collaboration, the D blog picked that up and ran with it based on El Steve's comments about .Mac's decrepitude, and ComputerWorld pushed the meme out to far left field by raising the possibility of integrating iWork with Google Documents and Spreadsheets for blogging (not unlike the existing gApps and Zoho plugins for Office on the Windows side) or virtualizing Leopard-Lite into the browser. Something, as they say in the coffee business, is brewing.

    Yet I found myself today -- today, Sunday, T-16 hours and counting from the Stevenote -- setting up SpanningSync for my mother's iCal/gCal integration and getting ready to whip out the credit card for a $25 one-year subscription . McFly, hello, anybody in there? For crying out loud, everybody including me and my kid sister thinks there's going to be some sort of Google integration with Mac OS X/.Mac announced tomorrow, so I smacked myself soundly in the forehead, put my wallet away, and left Mom with the 15-day demo until everything's sorted out. It's like the rule that you don't buy yourself anything right before birthdays or holidays... you just have to pay attention to what's going on around you. Or, failing that, the things you actually say.
    Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments








rss2email.ru       отписаться: http://www.rss2email.ru/unsubscribe.asp?c=6894&u=24004&r=484673635
управлять всей подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp
читать наш блог: http://www.olevarty.ru