Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Cult of Mac (3 сообщения)

  RSS  Cult of Mac

http://blog.wired.com/cultofmac/
другие подписчики этой ленты также читают >>


  • Mac Collector: "Do I really need that Power Mac 7500?"
    Mac-collector extraordinaire, Mr. Soyburger, has turned his basement into a Mac museum showcasing about 75 fully-functional machines. Here's a brief email interview with Mr. Soyburger, aka Jeremy Mehrle, a 28-year-old editor/animator/designer who lives in O'Fallon, MO (not O'Fallon IL, as...

    209362229_55d2be1137_m

    Mac-collector extraordinaire, Mr. Soyburger, has turned his basement into a Mac museum showcasing about 75 fully-functional machines.

    Here's a brief email interview with Mr. Soyburger, aka Jeremy Mehrle, a 28-year-old editor/animator/designer who lives in O'Fallon, MO (not O'Fallon IL, as I previously posted).

    CoM Where on Earth did you get all those Macs?

    Jeremy Mehrle I got most of the macs from eBay. A few were donated and others I got from Goodwill / Salvation Army stores.

    CoM What made you want to display them so?

    JMThe desire to display them came from a few places.

    1) I wanted to be able to use the computers in my collection, especially the machines that most people don't see from day to day. I've seen several collections on the web but the collectors can't use most of their machines because they are crammed in a closet. I wanted to be able to get to and use whatever machine I wanted to play with that day.

    2) I have an obsession with video art installations so the iMac wall and the Classic II bar came out of my desire to build my own video art installation.

    3) Having the machines on display keeps the collection size in check. If I'm bored and I start surfing ebay and I see a Power Mac 7500 I have to sit and really think "Do I have room for this? Does it look
    good enough or is it rare / important enough to be put on display?"

    CoM What does your girlfriend/wife/friends think?

    JMMy girlfriend likes the collection, but more from an aesthetic standpoint. She's not a computer person. She just likes how they look on display. My friends are mixed. Some really love it. Others care more about being able to play LAN games on the old iMacs then they do about the collection itself.

    The displays cost about $4,000 from Ikea, according to another QA Jeremy did with TheAppleBlog.



    lkahney


  • Very Bad News -- Steve Jobs Quits
    Fake Steve, that is. My favorite blogger, Fake Steve, is quitting The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs on the advice of his "friggin lawyers." He has some great parting advice: For now, dear friends, let me leave you with a...

    Fakesteveshirt

    Fake Steve, that is.

    My favorite blogger, Fake Steve, is quitting The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs on the advice of his "friggin lawyers."

    He has some great parting advice:

    For now, dear friends, let me leave you with a message of hope and peace and love. Follow your dreams. Do what you love. Dance like nobody's watching, sing like nobody's listening. When accused of wrongdoing, clam up and point the finger at the people underneath you.

    From the language of the parting note, it sounds like he's going to work on something else. Maybe he's run out of material, or he's got a book deal and is about to be outed. Or maybe its another joke.

    Talking of Fake Steve's identity, I just started looking around, trying to figure out who he is. There's some good clues in the comments of Rich Karlgaard's Digital Rules Blog post, Who Is Fake Steve Jobs?

    I have a candidate in mind, but I don't want to spill it just yet. Anyone got any good ideas?



    lkahney


  • Ellen Feiss Update -- "I have smoked weed. Is that really surprising?"
    Remember Ellen Feiss? She of the most famous Apple Switch ad campaign and the drug use rumors? Well, Macenstein has conducted the longest interview of all time with the quasi-celebrity, and she addresses her most infamous rumor head-on. It's a...

    Ellen Feiss 3

    Remember Ellen Feiss? She of the most famous Apple Switch ad campaign and the drug use rumors? Well, Macenstein has conducted the longest interview of all time with the quasi-celebrity, and she addresses her most infamous rumor head-on. It's a fun read.

    We've read past interviews where you attribute your slightly dazed look and red eyes to a late night shooting and your allergy medicine. That all seems perfectly plausible. However, you are now in college… Ever tried marijuana?

    Ellen: I was not high during the ad. But I have smoked weed. Is that really surprising? You just had to ask.

    Macenstein » Macenstein Archive » Where are they now? Interview with "Switcher Girl" Ellen Feiss:

    Technorati Tags: ,



    Pete Mortensen





rss2email.ru       отписаться: http://www.rss2email.ru/unsubscribe.asp?c=6895&u=24004&r=142365972
управлять всей подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp
читать наш блог: http://www.olevarty.ru