Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Apple Blog - VMware Fusion 2 Beta Raises The Virtualization Bar

 rss2email.ruНа что подписаться?   |   Управление подпиской 

  RSS  The Apple Blog
The Apple Blog, published by and for the day-to-day Apple user, is a prominent source for news, reviews, walkthroughs, and real life application of all Apple products.
http://theappleblog.com
рекомендовать друзьям >>


  • VMware Fusion 2 Beta Raises The Virtualization Bar

    VMware announced the latest beta of their flagship Mac virtualization tool on Tuesday and I’ve managed to put it through a number of paces with mostly positive results. All tests were performed on a 2.4GHz MacBook Pro with 4GB RAM running OS X 10.5.2. The VM was my Windows XP SP2 Boot Camp partition.

    Video Gone Wild!

    When I read that Fusion 2 would have full support for multiple monitors in both Unity and Full Screen modes I was skeptical at best. After installing Fusion 2 beta, I’m wondering how I lived without the functionality. In Unity mode (where Windows applications appear to be running side-by-side with Mac applications), you can drag PC application windows across all active Mac screens. It just works. This makes it much easier to bring windows where you need to for quicker operations.

    Similarly, you have the option for Fusion 2 beta to use all active screens in Full Screen mode. The PC VMware virtual adapters automatically adjust to the appropriate resolution and configure Windows to extend your desktop across all screens. I only have one additional monitor, but it worked as described, including seamless integration with Spaces. I was able to Control-cursor across different Spaces with no ill effects. It’s hard to describe what it’s like having all that screen real estate back without rebooting.

    I do not do much in Windows that requires intensive graphics, but I managed to use the enhanced DirectX 9.0 3D acceleration to play EVE Online (without premium graphics), which is something that I was not able to do before, but I also did not engage in any heavy battles or head into highly populated areas. I’ll try that with a trial account and report back if the functionality does not meet expectations.
    (more…)


    Переслать  





rss2email.ru       отписаться: http://www.rss2email.ru/unsubscribe.asp?c=6893&u=24004&r=311667163
управлять всей подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp